Friday, March 29, 2013

Wonderful Rice Chex

One of the mainstays in my pantry had always been bread crumbs.  Seasoned or unseasoned, bread crumbs were always there.  I use them in meatloaf, meatballs, hamburgers, and on top of casseroles.  Once I had to part with those crumbs, I was lost.  Here in Wyoming it is hard to find GF bread crumbs on the grocery store self.  Sometimes you may hit a gold mine but most of the times it is a bust.  I feel that spending $7 for a loaf of bread is nuts but I will.  However I will not spend $7 for a loaf of bread so that I can make GF bread crumbs.  This problem lead me to the good old Rice Chex.  Rice Chex is gluten free and even states it proudly on their boxes!! Bread crumb problem is solved.  Toss Rice Chex into the food processor and you have GF replaced bread crumbs.  You can even add some GF Italian seasoning and you have seasoned Chex crumbs! Average cost of Rice Chex $3.40 for 12.56 ounces.  So much better than making that $7 GF bread into crumbs. 

2 comments:

  1. The new vanilla chex is yummy. I am planning on posting some chex mix recipes.

    ReplyDelete