Saturday, April 13, 2013

Gluten free beer bread

Before she moved, my in-law gave me some gluten free beer to try.  The pale ale had a taste that was something that I did not care for but thought I would try to make some beer bread with it in my bread machine.  I used the New Planet's pale ale and it made my bread taste like a strong Jewish rye but without the rye.  I haven't tried this recipe with other GF beers so I cannot say if the bread will taste like rye every time.  I just know that when New Planet's pale ale is used, it does. 

Gluten free beer bread (adapted from Bob's Red Mill)
1 package of Bob's Red Mill whole grain gluten free bread mix (there is a yeast packet in the mix)
1 1/4 cup beer
1/2 cup water
2 eggs
1-2 tsp salt
Follow instructions for your bread machine.  For my machine, all the items must be at room temperature.  Then liquids, eggs, flour, salt, and make a hole for the yeast.  Set bread machine on the basic white cycle.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment