Saturday, September 7, 2013

Spiced Squash Muffins

These were one of my favorite muffins when I could still have regular flour.  Here is my adapted version of spiced squash muffins.  Instead of using butternut squash, I used some crooked neck squash that I finely chopped in my mini chopper.



Spiced Squash Muffins
2 cups of Gluten Free Mama's Coconut flour blend
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
3/4 cups finely chopped squash, zucchini, yellow or crooked neck
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix dry ingredients first.  In mixer, mix together eggs, squash, corn syrup, butter, oil and vanilla.  Mix in dry ingredients until just moistened.  Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Inspired by Spiced Squash Muffins on Taste of Home

I added some brown sugar on top for a sweet touch

No comments:

Post a Comment