Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Gluten free in the pantry

When I started cleaning out cabinets, I had no idea how many items had gluten in them. I was even more shocked to find out many of my pantry favorites do not have gluten in them. Stocks & broths can be hiding gluten. I call those products "hiders." Another old favorite that hides gluten: diced tomatoes with green chiles. I have yet to look at or call about Rotel ones but the Walmart brand has traced of wheat in it. My pantry mainstays:
1. Diced tomatoes (Hunt's has gluten free in the label)
2. Kitchen basics stocks
3. Tomato sauce (comes in handy for pizza sauce)
4. An all purpose GF baking mix
5. Variety of canned veggies (I make sure they are GF & low/no sodium)
6. Noodles (GF & regular; rest of my family can eat gluten so I let them)




No comments:

Post a Comment