Saturday, April 6, 2013

More in the pantry

I have also been adding some new flours and good old Bisquick but in it's gluten free version.  My sister in-law recently made a cake from Betty Crocker's gluten free mixes and it was wonderful.  No one will be able to tell the difference.  Another must is all purpose mixes.  I'm too new to GF to try one that isn't already made.  I have come to like Bob's Red Mill all purpose GF baking mix.  I use it in quick breads and muffins.  The newest mix I have tried is the King Arthur's GF muffin mix. It passes the family's test.  Unable to tell it is gluten free.

1. Variety of flours-brown rice, sorghum, potato flour and starch, tapioca flour,  almond flour
2. GF Bisquick-Betty Crocker website has a great gluten free section
3. GF flour and all purpose baking flour

No comments:

Post a Comment